Monday, July 07, 2008

Danke Schoen, Darling Danke Schoen

Another fun weekend...even though I didn't get to celebrate the 4th very much this year since I had campaign stuff on Friday. Josh and I did run out and watch the Franklin fireworks for a little while. Then on Saturday morning, we headed to Metropolis, IL with our friends Heather and Robbie. Before we left, we had to drop off my dog Scarlett to be boarded at the Farm at Natchez Trace. I think it was more like a vacation for Scarlett! Look at some of the facility features...I kid you not, they REALLY offer this stuff.

  • All luxury indoor suites with composite tile floors
  • Televisions in all suites
  • Audio speakers in all suites for piped in music
  • Top quality raised bedding (Simmons "Beautyrest" coil mattresses); "Aero" air mattresses; O'Donnell foam mattresses; and PetCo Cots - Guest's choice (blankets and pillows also available upon request)
  • Canine massage: The Bathery and Spa offers canine therapeutic massage in a quiet and soothing environment, in our private massage therapy room.
  • Bathery and Spa services: Our bathery services include a bath with our Hydro-Surge massaging bath system using Pet Aromatics shampoo and conditioner, hand blow drying, brush out, ear cleaning and nail trim.

I splurged so Scarlett received the "Tuck-In Treat" - a soothing bedtime rubdown before "lights out" (includes bedtime treat). I also got her an additional nature trail walk...where there's a creek they can swim in! I know, once again, only in Williamson County.

So after we got Scarlett settled in for her mini vay cay, we headed to Metropolis, IL! Josh and both LOVE to gamble. I actually left up (even enough to cover Scarlett's boarding!) but Josh left a loser. I learned how to play CRAPS this trip and now have a new addiction and can't wait for my next gambling trip!


On Saturday night, we left the CRAPS table for a few hours to watch the one and only Mr. Las Vegas, Wayne Newton! I promise you, the average age of concert goers had to be at least 75. This man has had more plastic surgery than Joan Rivers. And you could tell his voice was no longer in its prime. (see video below). But we got to see Wayne Newton and it was HILARIOUS! So needless to say, we had a great weekend. I mean, gambling, senior citizens and Wayne Newton...who could ask for more?!

video

4 comments:

The Roper's said...

Hey Honey! Sounds like Scarlett has got it made! Can I go there to??? Keep updating...enjoy keeping up with you :)

Lori said...

Oh my gosh! That is priceless! I can't believe Wayne looks so "good"! And, I love you as Superman! HAHAHAHAHA! Keep the blog entries coming!

The Hadfields said...

I'm so glad you updated your blog!! Thank you so much for your kind words. It is so sweet of you to be thinking of us during such a difficult time. Thanks again and God Bless you Mary Kate!

Jennifer said...

Little Miss Scarlet isn't spoiled is she??? That place sounds amazing! Glad that you all had fun on your trip!