Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote


"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

I love how the Obamas donated less than 1% of their 2000-2004 income to charity...yet call those who do not want to pay more in taxes "selfish". Those "selfish" Republicans historically give more money to charities than Democrats. Pretty ironic if you ask me.

On the eve of the 2008 elections, I think we all need to say a prayer for our country. But no matter the results tomorrow night (or next month when all the lawsuits are settled!), I know that God is ultimately the One in control - and that does ease my fears of an Obama Presidency a bit.

Here, Barack Obama feeds a crowd of 5,000 with 2 taxpayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I personally find it troublesome that a lot of Republicans find it impossible to be both Christian and Democrat, both of which I am, yet seem to be afraid of helping those in need. Let's be careful of categorizing "All" democrats into such stereotypical roles. And I hope that we can have a Christ-like attitude toward everyone, whether they agree with us or not. It just seems that so much of what I hear and see-- money seems to be a bigger issue than it should be!!! We were called to be His hands and feet to all people. Not everyone is looking for a "handout," just some help!!!
Lindsey