Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Time flies!

It doesn't seem like 2 weeks have already passed since Josh and I got married! Time flies when you're having fun I guess! For those of you who do not know, Josh and I met by chance in Memphis, TN at the Southern Republican Leadership Conference in 2006. Come to find out, we lived in the same subdivision in Franklin and he knew both of my sisters. It was just so ironic that we met 3 hours away from our houses which are so close I could see his house from my patio. He got my phone number that night and called a few times but I was never interested in meeting up with him. But he was persistant and we soon started going to different political events together. The more time I spent with Josh, the more I realized what a wonderful person he was and it didn't take me too long to start realizing that I needed to give him a shot. I feel like I fell in love with Josh so soon after we became friends. I just couldn't help but fall in love with him. He was independant and very reluctant to commit but even he says now that he loved me long before we even started officially dating. Anyway, I saw this quote last night I thought it fit our relationship perfectly and is exactly how I feel about Josh.

Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you I had no control over.


Happy 2 week anniversary Josh! You've made me the happiest girl in the world and I am so excited I get to spend the rest of my life with you and look forward to many more years of fun times together. You truly are my best friend, my mentor and my confidant and you make me feel more loved than I ever thought possible.


7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats Mary Kate! I wish you and Josh the best!

The Claunch Family said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see more pics from the wedding and honeymoon!

The Roper's said...

Sweet! So glad that you found each other :)

Amy Griffin said...

Congrats! You two look great - and I love that your husband is a diva..too funny! If your sisters have not told him enough funny stories about when you were little, have him call me. I can probably think of a few!

The Nesbitt's said...

Oh, sweet newlyweds!

Elizabeth said...

Very sweet post Mary Kate! I saw some of your pictures on fb- looks like a great wedding weekend!

The Hadfields said...

Congrats Mary Kate. I'm so happy for you!!