Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A.T. (After Tokyo)

I had a busy week after returning from Tokyo. I returned late Tuesday afternoon, had Just Desserts on Thursday night which is a fundraiser for the Williamson Co. Republican Party, a charity event in Nashville Friday night (where we met Lee Greenwood) and Steeplechase, a graduation party and dinner with friends on Saturday. Phew!
Below is our "girls" picture from Steeple. We attended with Allison & David Taylor, Kat & Thomsen Smith and our current Lt. Governor (and future Governor) Ron Ramsey and his wife Sindy. It looked like it was going to rain all day but the sun ended up coming out eventually and we had a great time! And I ran into Jenny Beth and Matt Kroplin - I met Jenny Beth the FIRST day of college freshman year!


After Steeplechase we went to a graduation party for Colton McInturff. Rory and Joey (Rory wrote Blake Shelton's song "Some Beach") performed and we enjoyed the most beautiful sunset. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful week. I think it was God's way of telling me to slow down and not forget about Him...which is so easy to do when you have a few jam packed weeks. I got the message. And wonder how many other "reminders" I miss every day.

No comments: