Monday, July 06, 2009

The show must go on!

Josh and I had our first stay-cation this weekend. Josh's parents will go and stay at a local hotel every now and then and I always thought this was a fun idea! It's a lot less expensive and way easier than actually going out of town but you still kinda feel like you're on vacation! So we decided we'd go back to the site of our wedding reception (The Hermitage Hotel), eat dinner and watch the fireworks in downtown Nashville. Josh's parents actually had already booked a room at The Hermitage too so it was fun to spend time with them! We met his parents in the lobby, luckily grabbed 4 umbrellas from The Hermitage and walked to Merchants for dinner. We had a great dinner but had to rush outside because the fireworks started early to try and beat the rain...which still came POURING down in the middle of the show! Everyone got soaked but the rain did not put a damper on our fun! We then went back to the hotel and hung out with his parents at The Capitol Grille before calling it a night.

Scarlett also went with us and had her first hotel stay. I don't think she enjoyed being away from home and I could tell she was confused and VERY upset when we left her alone in the room. But she did get room service prepared by a chef so I didn't feel too sorry for her!

I hope everyone else enjoyed the holiday as much as I did. I felt so blessed this weekend and I am so thankful for my country, my friends, my family and my WONDERFUL HUSBAND.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!

7 comments:

Marsha's Mpressions said...

WOW! You started scrapbooking. Very Cool indeed!

The Hadfields said...

I love your scrap booking pictures! Where do you do that??

The Hardin Family said...

how are you creating the scrapbook pages? Oh, looks like others have asked the same question. You might need to a post and tutorial on that:)

Lori said...

This looks so cute!!!

Jill Robinson said...

Ummmm....why are you scrapbooking without me???!!

Joni said...

Can you print the scrapbook pages and make them into a book? Cute!

The Roper's said...

Can I play like I am your dog for a day? I am pretty sure she gets better service than me!! :)