Sunday, November 01, 2009

Sneak Peek!

So I am not even close to being finished with our house...really haven't done a lot with it at all lately. But here are a few "after" shots. The dining room used to be a bright red (see before picture below). I picked out a light cream/tan damask wallpaper for the top and had the bottom painted a chocolate brown. Still no dining room furniture so hopefully I'll have more after pics complete with furniture one day soon!


Also have worked a little bit on my Craft/Wrapping room. I had in my head I wanted to use candy apple red and lime green in this room since it's more of a fun, smaller space away from the rest of the house. So I took an old dresser I had and gave it a face lift with new paint and drawer pulls. For the walls, I found a gallon of "oops" paint at Home Depot for $5 and it looked close enough to lime green for me! And I also put a candy apple red monogram on the wall. Finally, my dad made me a piece to put my wrapping paper on for easy dispensing (on the back he wrote the Bible verse, "It is more blessed to give than to receive" which I think was very cool and a great reminder! Still have lots more to do with this room too but it gives you an idea of what I want it to look like one day. I think it will be the perfect place to wrap gifts and other creative stuff I hope to learn soon like sew!





And finally, even though I am a beach and summer girl, I have to admit that the fall is beautiful! Here are some pics I took this week outside our home.

Outside our front door



Beautiful colors!

Creek full of fall leaves


Happy Fall Ya'll!

5 comments:

The Hardin Family said...

omg! both rooms look so good! i LOVE your craft room.

Marsha's Mpressions said...

Very cool! Love your craft room colors. The chest turned out great and like your initials on the wall too! You should link to Met Monday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com tonight.

caroline G said...

Love your craft room! How fun!

Deana said...

I can't wait to see all your final pics!! Love the trees so wish we had some like that in our yard!! Love Love your craft room!!!!!

Lori said...

Can't wait to see it and catch up with you! We have to organize a time!!