Thursday, January 21, 2010

Time flies when you're having fun!

Sorry I have been a bad blogger lately. We have just been so busy lately that I have not had my computer in front of me a lot. I will try to give a brief update from Nov-Jan. Basically, we spent a lot of time on the road. In November, Josh and I went to New York City for a long weekend. And I got to see Mary Poppins!In December we celebrated our first Christmas together as a married couple! We enjoyed getting to spend time with my family in Paris the weekend before Christmas. Then we headed on a Christmas cruise with Josh's side of the family. We visited San Juan again (where we spent our honeymoon!), Turks and Caicos, the Bahamas and Tortolla in the British Virgin Islands. I did NOT miss the cold weather and could get used to a sandy white Christmas! I even made a sand snow man on the beach!Once we got back from our cruise, it was almost time to celebrate our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! It does not seem like we've been married for a year already! We have had the best year together and can't wait to see what 2010 has in store for us! So for our anniversary, we decided to go back to New York City because I have always wanted to see the ball drop in Times Square on New Year's Eve. What better year to finally see it happen than on our first anniversary?! I will have to say that this trip to NYC was my most favorite EVER! The energy there during the holidays is awesome! And it snowed on New Year's Eve. We were able to get up close and personal to see the ball drop! We were able to be inside the barricades and were not in a crowd at all. Just me, Josh and New York's Finest until after the ball dropped and we decided we should join the crowd! It was SOOOOO COOL!!

After spending a few days in New York, we rented a car and headed to Atlantic City. I had never been before and if you know me and Josh, you know we both have a love for craps! We had fun there until I accidentally left $150 on a slot machine...which was not there when I went back to reclaim it. Shocker.
So as you can see, we have been taking advantage of hotel points and frequent flier miles. :) But we are home until April when we head back to New Orleans for the Southern Republican Leadership Conference. Ironically, Josh and I met at the last Southern Republican Leadership Conference that was held in Memphis in 2006! Who knew at the next conference held 4 years later, we would be there and be married to each other!
Each day I wake up and feel so blessed to live my life in the greatest country with the greatest husband, friends and family a girl could ask for! I kind of feel guilty as times...especially in the wake of the crisis in Haiti. So in 2010, I would like to live a life that reflects the quote "To those whom much is given, much is expected." And I pray I don't fall short!
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and I can't wait to keep up with what is going on in your world in 2010!

No comments: