Tuesday, March 23, 2010

15 Weeks: We're 37.5% of the way there!

I am trying to finally do one of these updates on schedule! Baby Brown now measures about 4 inches long and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple - the fruit...not to be confused with Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter).

The baby can swallow food and hear me and other sounds by now. Yikes! That's so crazy! So I asked Josh when he was going to start talking to the baby and based on his non-reaction, I am assuming that this will probably not happen until after the baby arrives. And he's probably worried I'm going to be talking to him AND the baby now so he'll never get any peace and quiet. But he might as well get used to it now!

So my next doctor visit is in just 5 more days and that is when we are supposed to be able to tell the gender! HOWEVER, we are going to look away and have our doctor write the gender down for us on a card that he'll put in a sealed envelope. Then I will deliver the envelope to my friend Megan who is going to make us cupcakes with either blue or pink gumballs inside depending on what she finds on the card! So we are going to have to actually wait ELEVEN more days to find out the gender at a family gathering on Easter Sunday! Yes, it is going to be soooo tough to not find out at the doctor's office-but I think it will be really fun to wait and find out the gender with our family as we bite into our cupcakes! So be on the lookout for our Gender Reveal Party update!!

No updated bump pics yet. Josh is not the best photographer in the world so I try not to ask him to take pictures that often because it generally turns into a tutorial on how not to cut off someone's head in a picture. Plus there's still not much to show. I think I'll do a better job documenting the baby bump once I start showing more. But come to think of it, I may be less inclined once as I start packing on the pounds...and just in time for swimsuit season. Ugh.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

what a cute idea! Can't wait to see what it is!