Tuesday, March 30, 2010

16 Weeks: We're 40% of the way there!

Baby Brown (I'm tired of calling it Baby Brown and ready for it to have a name and gender!!) has been a busy little bee this week. We went to the doctor on Monday for our check up and boy was he/she on the move!! Even the technician was laughing at how busy our baby was! I think Baby Brown may have his/her first nickname, "Busy". :)

He/she is now about the size of an avocado (random I know) is 4 1/2 inches long and weighs 3 1/2 ounces! Baby Brown will be ready for a growth spurt in the next few weeks and will double in weight.

Today we went and had the 3D/4D ultrasound. It was a pretty neat view of the baby! I do want to go back once the baby has more fat. The technician said they look like aliens at this point and sorry Baby Brown but I have to agree a little bit! :) It looks like the baby is smiling in the picture below!
So someone knows the gender of Baby Brown...just not us yet! The envelope is sealed shut (with staples) and is ready to be delivered to our cupcake maker! I need to get that envelope out of my house before I rip into it! Meanwhile, Josh is on envelope patrol.

For some reason I still think it's a boy but neither one of us has a preference one way or another. We just want healthy! I will admit I like baby girl items more but Josh probably would view that as a negative because a girl would undoubtedly cost him more money!

But for now, Busy's gender will remain unknown until Easter Sunday. :)

6 comments:

The Hadfields said...

YAY!! I wish either one for you b/c they are both WONDERFUL!! Fill us in ASAP!

Misty said...

i am excited to find out! i have my thoughts on what it is:)

The Roper's said...

my guess...boy!

Jennifer said...

How exciting!! I can't wait to hear if "Busy" is a boy or a girl. I predict a GIRL!!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
caroline G said...

I think Girl!!!