Wednesday, April 07, 2010

17 Weeks: We're 42.5% of the way there!

Our little girl weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip-I know, another weird comparison) and she's around 5 inches long from top to bottom. She will start putting on some layers of fat in the weeks to come (sounds familiar) and I will likely start feeling her move more and more! One minor discomfort I've experienced over the past few weeks is TONS of headaches - and the "allowed" medication, Tylenol, is just not helping. But feeling her move for the first time the other night is worth a million headaches! Oh and nosebleeds have been happening too every now and then ??? I never knew that was a "symptom" until I starting having them and then read about it online.

I have also started seeing a bump! That has been so weird and Josh now hears about it constantly! (He is really learning how to word things politically correct). I know it sounds crazy since I'm not showing a whole lot, but I can already tell a difference in my mobility of moving around. I have never had much of a stomach so a little added padding not only looks very different but feels very different! But once again, I know this baby and the entire pregnancy experience will be worth every pound!

I really do try to keep in mind how blessed I am to be experiencing being pregnant even with the occasional discomforts that comes with it. I feel very blessed to have been able to get pregnant because I know everyone doesn't get pregnant easily...or at all. So I try to keep that in mind as more and more of my jeans go on the "can't button" shelf. In addition to that blessing, I've really started thinking this week how lucky I am to be having Josh's baby. I can't wait to see what traits of Josh our baby has! He's such a great husband and person and I know he has always wanted to be a father so I am so happy I am able to make one of his dreams come true - just as he does for me every single day.

He was very great during the 1st trimester when I was so tired all I wanted to do was sleep and really picked up the slack around the house and getting "life" stuff done. Now that I'm in my 2nd trimester (and the weather is warming up) I have more energy so I'm going to try to step it up and be more helpful than I was over the past three months! Plus, I'm getting in that "nesting" phase where I want to work on the house and get it ready to bring baby home! And I know I need to take full advantage of my new found energy because I hear you lose it again in the 3rd trimester. Unfortunately, Josh may long for the days when my top priority was sleeping once I start making his "honey-do" lists. :)

2 comments:

josh and darci said...

I had terrible headaches around that time in all three of my pregnancies. My OB told me to drink caffeine. It really helped :) Glad that the first trimester yuckies are over and congrats on a little girl! Can't wait to hear what you'll name her!

Misty said...

You're in that yucky phase right now and will continue until you really show! I always get "thick" first...love handles and I get bloated at night. Soon enough, you'll start showing and it will feel much better. With Maggie I still had pretty good energy in the 3rd trimester,but no energy with CeCe in the 3rd. I can't wait to hear her name and see what you do for her nursery. Fun times:) Girls have the cutest stuff....poor Josh:)