Tuesday, April 27, 2010

20 Weeks: We're 50% of the way there!

20 weeks down, 20 weeks to go!  I can hardly believe I am already half way through my pregnancy!  Our baby is now as big as a banana and is 10 inches long from head to heel. She is weighing in at about ten ounces.  She has established sleep patterns similar to a newborn now. Many babies even have a favorite sleep position already.  And if our daughter takes after her dad, she is probably already snoring! :)
I'm at the stage now where people who know me and know I'm pregnant can notice a bump but I haven't had a complete stranger come up to me and rub my belly yet...and can't say I'm looking forward to that!  Growth typically starts to become more regular from this point on, so I should be noticing regular changes in my belly.  Luckily, I have lots of new maternity clothes to wear!  I have probably bought too many but I really want to have options and not just be forced to wear whatever fits - or the same thing every day!  Plus with all the changes going on with my body (weight gain, etc...), I figure the least I can do to feel more normal is wear clothes I would wear in "real life".  So bring on the bump!

Speaking of...here is my first new bump picture in a while.  I told Josh we had to take another bump picture now that we are at 20 weeks (and because I haven't had once since I was just at 13 weeks).  
This picture was made tonight on our way to a charity dinner in Nashville at the Hutton Hotel (cool place by the way)!  Our dear friends Bob and Janie Yeager and family were honored for their hard work, support and committment to the Hope Clinic for Women.  We were very happy to be included at this special event and be there to show our support for such a wonderful family.  Thanks for hosting us!

Well now that I'm halfway through pregnancy, I hope to focus on my house and nursery and just start getting baby-ready!  And I would LOVE to finally have a name picked out!!  For some reason, Josh has not been ready to focus on baby names yet and it's driving me crazy.  And my very convincing argument that I NEED to start monogramming baby outfits has not yet sparked in Josh the enthusiasm I had hoped.  Men.

2 comments:

Jane and Matthew said...

You aren't showing at all...you tiny thing!!

Lori said...

Hey!! I am getting all caught up on your baby progress!! Loving the banana! ha!!! You look so cute!!! You haven't gained a pound!!