Saturday, April 03, 2010

Celebrate!

What a beautiful day it turned out to be to find out the gender of our new baby! We had an Easter Egg hunt for my nieces and nephews and enjoyed the fresh air and sunny day outside! Instead of posting lots of pics, I have created a few collages of our Gender Reveal Party!
As you know, we had our technician write the results of our ultrasound on a card in a sealed envelope (without us knowing what it was). I then took that envelope to my friend Megan who baked cupcakes with either a blue or pink gumball inside depending on what she saw on the notecard. Then we had our family members come over and they were to wear either pink or blue depending on their gender prediction. Most of our family was in blue (mainly because I think more people had blue in their closets)! But my mom, Josh's mom, my niece Caroline, nephew Luke and brother in law Scott all wore pink. And they were...........................................................................................
RIGHT!!!!!!!! It's a Girl! :)


Josh and I were so surprised...for some reason we just had a feeling it was a boy! But we couldn't be happier! My youngest neice Caroline and my new adopted niece from Ethiopia, Naomi will all be somewhat close in age. And my oldest neice Camille will lead the pack I'm sure!
Our next job will be to come up with a name! We had our boy name picked out but haven't settled on a girl name yet. We did have family members bring their top name picks and those were written on slips of paper that were then inserted into plastic pink or blue eggs. So over lunch, I had the honor of opening the eggs and announcing everyone's name suggestions. My brother in law David (a huge Lord of the Rings fan-where he received the inspiration for most of his name suggestions) won the award for contributing the most amount of names...with no possibility of ever being used! But he did win the most amusing award too! :)
Other big news is I felt HER move for the first time tonight! I think she knew we were having a party without her and wanted me to know she wanted to party too! What a wonderful Easter weekend this has turned out to be and how blessed we were to spend the day celebrating and rejoicing with our wonderful family.
While we have celebrated our baby's gender this weekend, there is something much greater to focus on and celebrate this weekend and that is the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ. It's so easy to get caught up in our baby's future birth, but tomorrow is a great reminder that we all have been given a new birth thanks to Christ's death, burial and resurrection.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead...
- 1 Peter 1:3
I hope you all have a wonderful Easter!

2 comments:

kristy said...

yea...that was such a cute idea! which sister adopted? did amy? recently?

Lindsey said...

A girl!! Congrats! What a cute, cute party!