Saturday, April 03, 2010

“Patience, n. A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.”

OK, so I have been called a lot of things over the years...patient is not one of them. We were supposed to have our big reveal on Easter Sunday. However, the suspense of Baby "Busy" Brown's gender was making me obsessed and crazy! I wasn't quite so obsessed prior to knowing SOMEONE knew and it wasn't me!

SO, I made a few phone calls, sent a few emails and moved up our Gender Reveal Party to Saturday instead of Easter Sunday. Luckily, everyone in our family understood and altered their schedules to accommodate us.

I picked up the cupcakes from my friend Megan today - she blogged about the cupcakes here and I stole this picture from her site. Aren't they so cute?!


I have yet to even open the boxes the cupcakes are in since I left her house. I can not say I would not have tried to peek had the party still not been until Sunday - although I don't think I could have peeked without messing up a cupcake anyway and then Josh would have killed me. So I have basically been helpless on cracking this code (whose stupid idea was this anyway?)! But I have gone this long without knowing and really don't want to ruin the surprise for myself at this point! I know the wait will be worth it in the end and really do want to be surprised along with everyone else.

So Josh and I both had to go get either our blue or pink shirts tonight. I have thought it was a boy for a while and so has Josh. But then Josh switched to thinking it was a girl. But he still bought a blue shirt to wear - my guess is he didn't want to wear pink so he went back to thinking it was a boy out of convenience! :)

So in just a few more hours, I'll finally know what I have been obsessing about since Tuesday of this week AND can finally know what to start shopping for, what color to paint the nursery and other fun stuff! Josh and I truly will be happy with either a boy or a girl. We just feel so blessed to be becoming parents and a healthy baby is all we are praying for each night.

So stay tuned! :)

2 comments:

Jenny Beth said...

I can't wait to hear the big news:)

kristy said...

I can't wait either! I bet you won't blog tonight..you're going to be so excited no matter what! I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow...