Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What a difference 4 years make!

Josh and I just spent a long weekend in New Orleans for the Southern Republican Leadership Conference. This conference is held every four years and Josh and I actually met there for the first time at the last one held in Memphis in 2006! Little did we know, four years later, we would be returning as husband and wife with a little Republican on the way! :)

I ate at Cafe Du Monde twice (their beignets are like crack for a pregnant woman!), played a little Craps and Black Jack, listened to some great speakers and enjoyed BEAUTIFUL weather. My mom and dad, 2 sisters, 2 brother-in-laws and even my oldest niece and nephew all came so it was indeed a family affair!
My sister Nancy and her husband David are founders of a group called Evangelicals for Mitt and were there to show their support for Governor Mitt Romney. Even though Romney didn't even attend the conference this year, he ended up winning the straw poll which was pretty impressive and was a great way to end the weekend! EFM got plenty of national press and so did Romney as a result of his strong showing. Geaux Mitt!Other than losing my license, credit card and some cash that must have fallen out of my purse (ugh) the weekend was perfect! Here are some more pictures of our fun weekend!
My BFF Sean Hannity :)Louisiana Governor Bobby JindalCongressman J.C. Watts who I love!My sister Amy, Mary Matalin (James Carville's better half) and brother in law ScottSarah Palin
The family with Republican National Committee Chairman, Michael Steele

1 comment:

Marsha's Mpressions said...

WOW! What a wonderful time you must have had! Love the tee shirt!