Tuesday, May 18, 2010

23 Weeks: We're 57.5% of the way there!

Our baby now weighs about as much as a large mango -- just over a pound -- and is more than 11 inches long.  Boy (or should I say Girl!) has this past week been fun!  Josh felt her move for the first time on Friday and I am feeling her move more and more regularly now.  I can even see my stomach move sometimes when she is squirming around and I find myself anxiously waiting for her to start moving around again after she's been still for a while.  Definitely one of the coolest weeks so far!   
My "What to Expect When You're Expecting" email sent to me tonight started off with this:  This week marks the beginning of some serious weight gain.

Excellent.

But her weight in the next four weeks alone should double so I guess I have no choice but to pack on more pounds.  And her timing couldn't be better...just in time for bathing suit season.  :) 

Double excellent.

Another website I usually read said something that cracked me up after describing some of the not so pleasant symptoms that come at 23 weeks:  The expectant mother must try and remain cheerful as this will help in having an enjoyable and safe pregnancy along with a healthy baby. 

Not sure why that cracked me up but it did!

I think for the most part, I have been very blessed and have sailed through the first 23 weeks of pregnancy.  I didn't even really feel pregnant for most of the 23 weeks but I definitely feel pregnant now!  I really can't believe that next week I will be 6 months pregnant!  It is starting to feel more "real" the closer I get to 40 weeks but luckily I'm not at the point where I'm getting scared about the actual birth yet! 

So for now, I'm just going to try and soak in every wonderful moment of being pregnant...and take full advantage of not having to suck in my gut at the beach this summer! 

1 comment:

Isha Shiri said...

Hello!

Good post, I loved.

See this gadget:
http://babynames.fortunebaby.com/
or
http://babynames.fortunebaby.com/create-baby-name-widget.php