Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"A good name is more desirable than great riches."

Josh and I have finally agreed on our baby girl’s name and the winner is…….
DRUM ROLL PLEASE……………
Mary-Harper Brown

Josh’s grandmother (his mom’s mom) was Mary Louise and my great-grandmother was Mary Etta. My aunt is Mary Sue and of course I am Mary Kate! :) So she will join a long line of Mary “Somethings”!

Harper is a name that Josh and I actually both liked (who knew that would be so difficult!) and is also the author of one of my favorite books, To Kill A Mockingbird (by Harper Lee). The acceptance, courage and compassion in this book is what made it a favorite of mine…and accepting, courageous and compassionate are definitely characteristics we hope describe our daughter one day.

We will either call her Mary Harper (a double name like me which I’m leaning towards!) or just Harper. But regardless, I can finally start monogramming! :)

Photobucket

3 comments:

The Hadfields said...

love it!!!!

Lindsey said...

Love the name! And I vote for calling her Mary Harper. I think double names are great. Our girl name is a double name. And I'm going to do a baby list of favorite things soon. I was already thinking about it! Great minds think alike!

Kate said...

love it!!