Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mary Harper's Room

So yes, we have now been in our house nearly 9 months and I have still yet to "deliver" a decorated home.  :)  I just do not have that decorating bone in my body...I know what I like, but just need help putting it all together.  My friend Laura and I started on the process and we accomplished a lot.  Paint colors, kitchen chairs, bed, couch, chairs, end table, rug, etc...  But then I got sidetracked, could only buy so much at one time...AND then she moved away!  

But I had my first consultation with Lindsay from LDS Designs last week and we have a follow up meeting next week (not sure if LDS has a website but Lindsay's blog is http://peacock-blu.blogspot.com/).  Lindsay used to design houses in Westhaven and now has her own company.  And she is going to help me get back on track with the nursery being one of our top priorities of course!
Here is what I am looking to do in the nursery.  Instead of it looking like someone threw up pink pepto bismol everwhere, I am leaning towards more neutral colors (taupes, tans, creams, browns, white, etc.)..with accents of pale light pink.  Here are some pictures of what we are trying to accomplish (we plan on doing the stripes like you see in the picture and the chocolate brown monogram too).
Here is another room that has the same kind of color scheme as I am wanting.  I think I like a little less "baby" and more just another room of the house...well as much as you can make a room with a crib, changing table and dirty diapers look like just another room of the house.  :)
Here are some of the key pieces I'd love to see in the nursery once it's all finished:

Fun chandelier and lamp


Girly acccessories

Monogrammed baby linens
Comfy glider and ottoman
Fun rug
Changing table and chest


Hopefully Lindsay can figure out the look I am going for based on these types of items and can help me find all of this to make a beautiful nursery for Mary Harper at a great price!  Will post pictures as we progress! :)

5 comments:

Laura Erwin said...

I can't wait to see how it turns out!! Keep me posted on the rest of the house too!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

precious room! if you find one of those mannequins, let me know. i love that!

Jane and Matthew said...

LOVE your ideas...that's what we tried to do too...make it another room in the house with some baby stuff too! Can't wait to see it!

Casey said...

I love your ideas for your nursery....where did you find that super cute chandelier?? I'm needing to by one asap. Please Please let me know if you can! My email is thecashells@gmail.com Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Please let me know where you found the gorgeous chandelier. Thanks, Jessica