Tuesday, June 01, 2010

25 Weeks: We're 62.5% of the way there!

Mary Harper now weighs about 1 1/2 pounds (about the weight of a rutabaga - ha!  Lori, I figured you'd enjoy the rutabega this week!).  She is about 13½ inches long—roughly the length of one of those recorders we played in elementary school music class. 
She has fully formed fingers and toenails and her eyes should open at any time.  Her lungs and nostrils are also growing at this stage of fetal development.


I'm starting to enjoy reading these online descriptions about each week.  Here's my favorite for week 25: 

At this point you're pretty much swollen all over. What started as just a "boob thing" seems to have spread from there, down your torso and out your limbs. This is definitely contagious. But even if sausage fingers and toes aren't your idea of womanly, remember that you are indeed a reproductive goddess.

Ha!!  Reproductive goddess!  I have been feeling more like a cow so I am thrilled with my new title!  They are right on though...once I hit 6 months pregnant I could tell a huge difference in pregnancy.  Prior to that, it was smooth sailing...I didn't even feel pregnant most of the time.  Not too much weight gain, no major side effects, no sickness, etc...  But after 6 months, my belly popped and I've been having really bad acid reflux so getting sick a lot after I eat now.  But since I had such an easy time prior to hitting 6 months, I can't complain!! 

This weekend, Mary Harper attended her first wedding as I was Matron of Honor in my friend Olivia's wedding.  I was so happy to be a part of her special day but if you've ever been asked to be in a wedding while pregnant, you may relate to feeling of dread as you A) wait to see what kind of dress you will have to wear  B) eventually try on the dress C) think about your pregnant self being a part of someone's memories for ages to come thanks to all the wedding pictures and D) make the long walk down the aisle as people you don't know speculate whether you are pregnant or not!

I did make it down the aisle, in heels, outside in the grass without falling so I was proud of myself.  It was a beautiful wedding but I will admit it was a LONG day for me.  I started the day early, went "off roading" in heels to have pictures made out in a field, danced to the chicken dance and even lasted to see the bride and groom off at 10 pm! 

Josh was a supportive husband and came to the wedding after spending time at Tennessee Equine Hospital's Grand Prix event.  I think he could tell I was a bit self conscious about being the pregnant member of the bridal party and told me after the ceremony that I was the prettiest girl at the wedding.  I thought that was very sweet...and proof that love is indeed blind.  :)
Photobucket

No comments: