Tuesday, June 22, 2010

28 Weeks: We're 70% of the way there!


7 months!  I can't believe we only have 12 more weeks left before Mary Harper makes her grand entrance!  She is now about 15 inches long and weighs around 2 -3 pounds (like a Chinese cabbage). 
The websites I read have all mentioned now might be a good time to start looking into childbirth classes - but I am not sure I even want to go to one. Has anyone else skipped out on these classes?  I think there are just some things I may NOT want to know about until I have to know so kind of just want to handle the delivery as it comes.  But if they are really useful, I guess I'll go.  Josh will probably make me regardless but we'll see.

In other news, my new niece Naomi arrived from Ethiopia last week!  She is so sweet! (click the link below the picture for a video of her arrival - grab your tissues).
Saturday, was Chukker's for Charity Polo match - this is one of my favorite events.  It's not near as crowded as Steeplechase and is just a really top notch event...but VERY hot.  I actually had my first experience with pregnant swollen feet after Chukker's this year due to the heat.  But I figure our socializing days will soon be limited so trying to get in these fun events while we can...Shrek feet and all. 
And of course Sunday was Father's Day.  Josh and I are both so blessed to have the fathers we do...and Mary Harper will be just as blessed to have Josh as her father.  So even though I am a Vols fan, I caved and gave Josh a very sweet hand smocked Vanderbilt dress for his first Father's Day.

3 comments:

Jane and Matthew said...

Okay, watched the video and definitely cried...so sweet. She has the sweetest face!! She and Mary Harper are going to be so close!

kristy said...

We learned a lot from childbirth class, especially Jay.It was very helpful. I knew a lot already because of having sisters with kids, and also reading everything I could get my hands on! We also met some friends in the class and we met them at SATCO before classes at Baptist. Our teacher's name was Jerri and i loved every minute of it. Afterwards, we would go and see the babies int he window. It was great memories for us. I can't believe it was over 8 years ago. Congrats on the new niece! she's a doll

Misty said...

That was a great video. A tear jerker!