Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

I would have been thrilled to have had a little boy...in fact, I was CERTAIN it was a little boy until our gender reveal party!  All we ever said we wanted was a healthy baby.  But boy oh boy is having a girl too much fun! 

I just had to share some of my latest gifts and purchases with everyone...especially with other moms and moms-to-be in case they "need" some of these items for their own little princesses.  :) 

Josh's mom found these hand-stitched bee shoes all the way from New York City at Vintage Baby in downtown Franklin.  http://www.itsvintagebaby.com/
My friend Heather gave me this BEAUTIFUL silk Baby Biscotti dress...yes, I'm finally starting to learn some baby brands!  This dress is also from Vintage Baby.  I think I'm going to use this dress for her 6 or 9 month old baby pictures.
I didn't even really know that newborns wear hats in the hospital but once I found out they did, I just couldn't have the standard issued hats the hospital gives out!  :)  The lady that makes these hats makes them from her home in North Carolina and actually was inspired to make them after the birth of her daughter, Harper.  :) http://www.tweetlebugboutique.com/Home_Page.html 
How much cuter would my newborn picture below had been with the hat above?  :)
Speaking of hospital apparel, I bought Mary Harper's coming home from hospital dress today!  It's a classic light pink Feltman Brothers dress.
AND FINALLY, this last purchase is going to be used in pictures we are going to schedule shortly after her arrival home.  I've seen the most adorable pictures of little girls in these fabulous tutus. (see examples below in case you don't know what I'm talking about). 
I got Mary Harper the tutu below.  http://www.oopsydaisybaby.com/press.html The top is just a onsie by Kissy Kissy so I can use the tutu by itself if I want.
Yes, I know at some point I need to start thinking diapers, baby wipes and items of clothing I don't mind if she throws up or poops on.  But I never claimed "practical" was my middle name.  And something tells me Mary Harper will follow in her mommy's footsteps heels.  And believe it or not, baby heels DO exist...and no, Mary Harper does not have a pair...yet.  http://heelarious.com/index.php

1 comment:

Misty said...

It's all so adorable. Where did you find the last dress? I think my girls need one,too:) Ha!