Thursday, July 22, 2010

32 Weeks: We're 80% of the way there!

WOW!!  80% of the way there!!  Is it just me or does that sound like it's almost over?!  Mary Harper is now taking up more and more space and weighs as much as a large jicama (about 3 3/4 - 4 1/2 pounds) and is about 16 3/4 inches long, head to heel.  Note:  I have no idea what a jicama is.

I will have to be honest and say the past few days have NOT been pleasant.  I think maybe I have pushed myself a little too much over the past few weeks with trips to Vegas and the beach.  I flew home from the beach on Monday and my poor feet haven't been the same since.  Not sure if it was the flight, the sun or what but they have really swelled up and I am REALLY out of breath doing the smallest things it seems.  

The swelling has also caused me to have carpal tunnel syndrome in both of my hands.  Didn't know this was a symptom of pregnancy?  Me either.  Apparently, swelling and fluid retention increases the pressure in your carpal tunnel and that affects the nerve that runs through it.  And when I say my hands are numb, I think it sounds like it doesn't necessarily hurt.  It does.  So I now have to sleep in hand/wrist braces.  Throw in my pregnancy pillow, my expanding tummy, my dog and my husband and our king size bed is starting to feel more like a twin size bed!

I will admit I may have had a few slight meltdowns over the past few days.  I think being uncomfortable, not sleeping well at night, hormones, all the swelling etc...have all contributed.  And probably being at the beach and seeing people who didn't have to order an extra 15 feet of fabric in order to make their bathing suits didn't help.  But after all the pity parties I've thrown for myself over the past few days, I know I am soooo lucky to be experiencing all of this and wouldn't trade one minute of it for all the money in the world.  I think it's all just come as a shock to my system because I practically went from zero symptoms to a lot all at once, and all of the sudden.  But I know the second I am handed Mary Harper for the first time, this will all be a distant memory! 

So here is an 8th month bump picture-extra fabric and all-from Mary Harper's first trip to Sandestin, FL! 
One positive about having to drink virgin frozen drinks are that they are lots cheaper! :)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You look so cute! It will all be over soon and you will forget all about everything!