Tuesday, August 17, 2010

36 Weeks: We're 90% of the way there!

Mary Harper now weighs 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon ???) and is 18 1/2 inches long.  At the end of this week, she will be considered full-term!  It is so hard to believe that at our 1st ultrasound she was only the size of a poppy seed.  We couldn't even see her on the ultrasound and we actually weren't even sure she was there! 

Let me tell you, she is CERTAINLY making her presence known now!  She is soooo active right now and everyone around can see it just by looking at my belly move!  I thought babies got less active in the last month but that is not the case with Miss Mary Harper.  She is constantly moving now and it is kind of painful since there's not much room for her in my tummy anymore.

Apparently, she can now make her appearance at any time.  EEK!  Good news is we are VERY close to having her nursery completed.  We are now just waiting on a nightstand that is on backorder until October and a bookcase my dad is building for her.  Then we'll accessorize and be done!  I'll post pictures soon of what has been accomplished so far.  It is really rewarding to vision a room you want and then see it transform right before your eyes!  I think her nursery has even exceeded the pictures we used for inspiration! 

I can't wait to rock my new baby in her new room...after we fix the air conditioner upstairs that is.  Apparently I'm not the only one having a hard time operating in this heat.  And of course it breaks during one of the hottest summers on record!  I hope for Josh's sake it just needs freon.  For someone who doesn't like to spend money, he's been really great with sitting back and letting me "nest".  But with all the additional house and baby expenditures, I think he may be the next thing to break down if we have have to replace the air conditioning unit upstairs!

UPDATE:  Air conditioner guys came and the problem was just a breaker being off from one of the last storms.  So once they flipped the breaker back on, it started working again!  That's a relief in more ways than one! :)

1 comment:

Jane and Matthew said...

Can't wait to see the nursery, and see that baby girl! You are getting so very close...the end is the worst...especially in this heat!