Wednesday, September 08, 2010

39 Weeks: We're 97.5% of the way there!

Mary Harper is just ONE week away from her due date!!  It's likely she already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon.  My biggest achievement each day now is actually getting out of bed in the morning!  There have been times I thought I was going to have to call a towing company.  I now look at my feet and feel like I'm looking at someone else's body parts...it's so weird.  But I keep telling myself in just a little while I can start trying to get back to normal. 

I haven't really started worrying about the actual birth other than worrying that MH arrives safely and healthy.  Of course that may change when I actually start feeling REAL labor contractions for the first time!

Here are a few more maternity pictures from Katie Mosley Photography.  Is she not great?!  I never really thought I would want to capture this big ol' belly for all eternity but think she did a great job of capturing such a special moment for us. 

The picture below may be one of my favorites.  For those that know me well, they know that Miss Scarlett has been my dog-child for over 11 years now so she naturally will be Mary Harper's big sis!  She normally looks away and hates getting her picture made so I love how she is looking at the camera and even looks like she is smiling!
I can't believe I just have one more random veggie/fruit post of Mary Harper's size to make!  I'm starting to get a bit freaked out  excited about her arrival and would really appreciate your prayers this last week as we prepare to bring our precious baby girl into the world.

3 comments:

Misty said...

Saying prayers for you and Mary Harper. Have you talked induction or are you wanting her to come on her own? Labor and Delivery has been my favorite part of pregnancy with both my girls. I was scared too, but it's nothing like you imagine or picture. You'll do great!

Dana said...

Praying sweet friend. Cannot wait to meet your little blessing. She is going to be perfect.

Jane and Matthew said...

She'll be here soon!!! Can't wait to hear all about your birth story and see pictures of that sweet girl in her beautiful nursery!