Monday, September 13, 2010

40 Weeks: We're 100% of the way there...so where is she?!

So we of course can't tell for sure how big Mary Harper will be but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (the size of a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. 

My actual due date is THIS WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15!!  My doctor has told me that if she hasn't arrived by my due date, he would let me decide if I want to induce or if I want to wait it out.  He did advise that we only wait one week past my due date.  Part of me really likes the sound of having a set day and time to go in, being able to get ready and not having to make a mad rush to the hospital. But there are pros and cons to both I guess. So right now it's just a waiting game!  At my appointment today, my doctor today said he wants to see me again on Friday this week to see how I have progressed.  Depending on that visit, he said we could go ahead and induce this weekend if I wanted. 

Monday and Tuesday are officially my last two days at work until nearly February.  Josh even gets 6 weeks of PAID PATERNITY LEAVE (doesn't even count against vacation days or anything!)...crazy huh?  I doubt he'll actually take off all 6 weeks but I am very grateful we will be able to have so much quality time together as a new family. 

As far as my nesting, I am pleased with the progress we made and actually feel "nested out"...which is a good thing because Josh has me on a spending freeze.  :)  Our master bedroom and nursery turned out exactly the way I had envisioned them and I am content to take some time off before we start back on other rooms. 

My "to do list" is very small now and no big priority items remain.  It feels so great to have accomplished so much over the past few weeks/months to prepare for her arrival.  It feels really weird to look at our upcoming calendar and not have something planned for every day of the week.  The only thing we have scheduled is family time with our new baby girl!  It may be a great opportunity for us to slow down a bit...we'll see how long that lasts before I go stir crazy!

I can't believe this may be my last post before Mary Harper makes her debut!  Josh and I have been overwhelmed by the love and support we have received over the past 40 weeks.  This has been such a special time for us and you have made it even better. 

And once again, your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated as we await her arrival!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm getting so excited for you guys! Josh's paternity leave is awesome--what a blessing! Can't wait to hear that she has arrived.
Also--Aaron and I (and by that I mean, me) are trying to be good about keeping up with a blog too.
www.aaronandemilyinla.wordpress.com

Laura Erwin said...

sounds like you're ready! good luck with everything... hope you have a very smooth labor and delivery.