Monday, September 20, 2010

41 Weeks: We're 102.5% of the way there! Sigh...

Well the website I have been using for these updates stops at 40 weeks so I had to find my own picture of how big Mary Harper is becoming. :)  Of course she is not quite THAT big but some days it feels like it!  I go back on Tuesday to check my progress and if she's still enjoying her stay at Hotel Uterus, I will be induced sometime next week.  Apparently there is a full moon on Thursday so maybe that will be the night if she doesn't decide to come sooner!

I have been trying to be very patient but I am really becoming amazed at how many symptoms can come with pregnancy!  And can't believe I ever talked back or disrespected my own mom! :)  I always knew she "had brought me into this world and could take me out" but I never realized how much it took to get me here until now!  The past few weeks I have had a sharp pain in my thigh and butt and it makes my leg feel really weak like it's about to give out.  Apparently this fun new symptom is called sciatica.  (The sciatic nerve is a long nerve that runs from the lower back to the back of the legs and feet and the weight of the baby can cause it to become inflamed).  

But I am so grateful to be pregnant and so excited to become Mary Harper's mommy that when I get too uncomfortable I just try to remind myself that it will all be worth it once I finally have Mary Harper in my arms...WHICH SHOULD BE THIS WEEK!! :)

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I feel your pain! I was 6 days late with James. We were set to induce on a monday but I went into labor the Sat before. Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see pics or Mary Harper!

Misty said...

oh you poor thing! I applaud your patience. I'm not sure I could do it. But after delivery with both girls it's always hard to believe that it's over....being pregnant that is. I can't wait to see pics. Good luck. I'm thinking about you.

Laura Erwin said...

Um, this sounds vaguely familiar! :) Hang in there and enjoy your last couple of days (and sleep) before she arrives.

Jane and Matthew said...

Well, I know she's got to be here by now...but I'm just waiting for the blog post to show her sweet face! hope you are recovering well!