Thursday, March 03, 2011

The Undomestic Goddess

When Josh and I first started looking for a house, our real estate agent started taking us through the backdoor first because he knew my top priority was a nice backyard for my dog and a pool for me.  In fact, when we walked into what is now our house for the first time, my first comment was, "the kitchen is too big".  Our agent said that was the first time he had ever heard anyone say that! 
It's not that I can't cook, I just have always hated going to the grocery and never really loved taking the time to cook.  So since Josh doesn't cook either, we have spent very little time in the kitchen! 
I know for most people making their own baby food is not a big deal...but the fact that I now go to the grocery to pick out veggies and fruits to make homemade baby food is pretty shocking to me...and anyone else that knows me!  I know it is not really saving a whole lot of money to make the food myself but it's a lot more fresh and healthy for my little one so it makes the extra effort well worth it. 

I'm even in the market for a garden tiller now so I can start growing her food and want to take sewing lessons so I can make her clothes!  I keep waiting for Josh to ask me who I am and what have I done with his wife!

Even Mary Harper is visibly shocked!
If you would like to stop being an undomestic goddess yourself, here are some of my favorite items:

I love these 2 oz. containers I found on Amazon to freeze her food in-they are stackable and fit easily in our freezer's shelves.  http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Freeze-Reusable-Containers-12-Pack/dp/B002YQQQJW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299139320&sr=8-1

Here are the cookbooks I've been using: 


1 comment:

Jane and Matthew said...

Ummmm, Yes and yes. My mom used to try to get me to sew with her all the time, and I never had any interest, and now I sew his clothes all the time, and started smocking, and loved making his purees fresh and organic. Now he only wants to eat what he can pick up himself, and usually something from our dinner plates! Oh, and I'm super jealous of your pool!