Tuesday, May 31, 2011

8 months...and 7 months too! Oops!

So I can't believe I forgot to do a 7 month update and picture!!!  I think the whole finding out we were pregnant again took me off guard and then the 1st trimester hit and all I could think about was how tired I was!  So I TOTALLY forgot to take her 7 month picture with the 7 month sticker OR give an update.  :(  Sorry Mary Harper!!!

But here are some pictures of her at 7 months!  The one of her outside is actually the day she turned 7 months.




 Watching the Royal Wedding!


She started saying Dada at 7 months and got her 1st tooth!  She also started rolling!  Still no crawling but she will roll all over the room!

She has recently started saying Mama...but I only get a Mama once in a blue moon!  She has 2 bottom teeth now and has started eating a few non soft baby foods like the MumMum teething crackers, yogurt puffs and other items that easily and quickly dissolves in her mouth!

I think her first "belly" laugh came when she heard Scarlett sneeze.  So now everytime anyone sneezes she laughs.  She really loves watching Scarlett and when we ask her where Scarlett is she'll look around on the floor to find her.  She also is very good at knowing her name.  When you say Mary Harper she whips her head around to see what you want.  :)

Right before she turned 8 months old we had our first accident!! I was so tired but knew she wasn't ready for a nap so thought maybe I could at least lie down for a bit in my bed and let her "talk" and watch the ceiling fan.  Well the minute my head hit the pillow I guess I fell asleep and woke up to the sound of my sweet baby's head hitting the hardwood floor. :(  It was so traumatic for me but she seemed fine a few minutes later.  We of course called the pediatrician who said how common it was and not to freak out.  We kept her awake for 2 hours and made sure she acted normal before we let her take a nap.  I think I was more upset and affected than she was.

She sleeps from 7 p.m. every night until 5 or 6 a.m. each morning.  Josh normally gets up with her early in the morning, gives her a bottle and she'll go back to sleep for an hour or two.  Then she'll take 2-3 more naps during the day before bedtime!

Her new "trick" is clapping.  So cute.  We got her in the pool for the 1st time today and she was confusing 'clapping' with 'kicking'.  Anytime I'd tell her to kick she'd start clapping. ha!




She loves her Jenny Jump Up and loves to jump - in fact, she'll jump and jump even when you hold her. She no longer sits still very well anymore and is always wanting down when you hold her in your lap even though she still can't walk or crawl!

Each new month is such a treat for us and we fall more in love with our beautiful baby each day!

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a cutie! It looks like someone likes carrots or sweet potatoes? I love when babies get that little orange tint in their noses.