Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Baby Brown II - 10 Weeks: We're 25% of the way there!

I just knew my loyal blog readers were missing the food/pregnancy/baby updates I did with Mary Harper so decided I'd just go ahead and get pregnant again - HA!  (by the way, new images this go round to keep you on your toes)!


So yes, Baby Brown II was not planned but Josh and I know it will end up being another blessing for our family.  I was a bit overwhelmed at first with the news but I think we are slowly but surely coming to terms with the fact we will soon welcome another baby into our home! :)  


I will admit it is a bit strange to even think about another baby since I have been so focused (obsessed) with Mary Harper for so long.  But prior to becoming a parent, I never thought I could love another creature as much as I loved my dog Scarlett!!  Once Mary Harper arrived, of course I figured out I could!  So I guess I will soon know what it is like to become a mommy of two - and will soon learn that yes, there IS enough love to go around! :)  I am a bit perplexed as to what in the world we will do for nursery II.  I feel like I just got done decorating nursery I!  And that one was exactly what I had in mind so I am drawing a blank when I start thinking about designing another nursery.  And I can't move MH our of her room - I planned that room for her and I just couldn't move her out so soon!  So who knows what we'll end up with!  


I think it is also kinda neat that Mary Harper will never have any memories that don't include her new sibling and she will never remember when her sibling was not part of her life.  And hopefully, Baby II and MH will be the best of friends since they will be so close in age (about 14 1/2 months apart).  Of course our priority #1 is for a healthy baby but I'm pretty sure Josh is pulling for a boy...and I am pulling for another girl!  I think two little girls that close in age would be so cute...and of course being able to re-use all of MH's clothes, etc...is a strong plus too!  I told Josh another baby girl would be cheaper since we already have so much girl stuff but he said it's only cheaper in the short run...of course he is already thinking about paying for two weddings!  


So back to Baby II...




Baby II is the size of a prune (1.2 inches, .14 oz.).  Baby II has now completed the most critical portion of its development.  This is the beginning of the so-called fetal period, a time when the tissues and organs in the body rapidly grow and mature.  Vital organs — including kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver are in place and starting to function.


As for mommy, I am TIRED, TIRED, TIRED, TIRED, TIRED.  I feel like my body wasn't fully recovered from pregnancy #1 so perhaps that is the reason I'm extra tired.  I mean I was tired with Mary Harper too at first but this is a whole new level of being tired.  I feel like I could sleep all day long.  I wake up after sleeping 8-9 hours and still feel like I haven't slept long enough.  That is the worst part so far and I'm hoping in a few weeks that may go away...but I'm afraid my body may just be tired for another 30 weeks.  And then after that I'll be the mommy of 2 babies in diapers...so I may actually just be tired for another few YEARS! :)

2 comments:

Carla said...

My 2nd pregnancy was not near as enjoyable as my first. Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of it, but there was no time to concentrate on me and my needs while caring for another one. Be glad MH isn't mobile yet. It was so hard not being able to keep up with Jack without exhausting myself. I too think another girl would be perfect! You will be paying for your raising one way or another!

Misty said...

I can't believe you are 25% of the way there! ha! You will enjoy that your little ones will have each other and play together. It's tough in the beginning, but I do enjoy seeing them playing and laughing together now.