Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ahoy it's a Boy!

Can't believe last year I was revealing my baby girl's new nursery and now I am revealing our future baby boy's new nursery!  If you recall from previous decorating posts, I am a beach bum and my house is decorated in a coastal cottage style.  I veered from that with Mary Harper's nursery (http://marykateanderson.blogspot.com/2010/09/nesting-mania-nursery-master-bedroom.html) and did an elegant light pink, beige, browns room for her but after Anderson's gender reveal (http://marykateanderson.blogspot.com/2011/07/bahamas-gender-reveal-and-more.html) I figured why not carry on the nautical theme in Anderson's nursery?!

I knew I did not want to do the traditional red and navy nautical theme and found 2 photos I wanted to use as inspiration that I shared with Lindsay at LDS Designs.  
Here is what the nursery looked like before decorating began..
And here is what it looked like after!
Whale artwork from Etsy.com. 
Oar from TJ Maxx
Outfit and hat from a consignment sale!
Dresser and crib from a friend selling them on Facebook! Got both for just $350!

Old trunk of Josh's great aunt
Loved this Volkswagon car I got from Ross
We had this rocking chair in the bonus room from when Mary Harper was born but didn't use it much so decided to use it in Anderson's nursery instead of buying him a new one.

Found this bumper pad from Cocalo at a consignment sale (never used) and found coordinating pieces on Ebay.

Lamp, small stool and piggy bank: TJ Maxx  Buoys: Hobby Lobby Table: Steinmart
My mom made these curtains for me.  They are supposed to look like material used in sails.

Such a creative way to hang!
Rope tie backs
From Anderson's gender reveal!
Porthole mirror and basket from TJ Maxx
I just love how his room turned out!  But I am in no hurry to do a third nursery! :)

No comments: