Friday, November 18, 2011

Best. Day. Ever.

Back in September, Josh and I had the opportunity to meet my hero, George W. Bush.  It really was a surreal moment for me.  Anyone that knows me knows that I am a "bit" obsessed with GW.  I really want us to be friends.  :)  But for now, we have at least had our first introduction. ha!

When it was our turn to get our picture made with him, I feel like I was literally running towards him.  Luckily, I was visibly pregnant so the Secret Service was probably afraid to tackle me.  But as soon as he saw me he said, "Congratulations, when are you due?" And so I told him my due date and then proceeded to tell him that I wanted to name my son after him and he asked W? I said "YES! But my husband made me name him after him instead!" He got a big laugh out of that and hugged me and gave me a kiss!
Note: I was pushing for Anderson Walker Brown...but Josh is making me go with Anderson Joshua Brown - go figure.

He really did spend more time with us talking than he did with others and I told Josh it was because he could sense that I loved him. :) Josh then talked to him about meeting him once before with Governor Sundquist and he told us to tell "Sunny" hello.  And then we had to move along. Which made me sad.

Later we got to listen to him speak and then there was even a more casual setting where he sat and answered some questions.  He was so funny and had the audience laughing all night.  We got to listen to him talk for over an hour and I could have sat there all night.

So that was my special moment with President Bush.  And I will remember it forever! I'm still waiting to get invited to his ranch in Crawford so we can sit around and hang out like pals. But until then, at least I have this picture.

1 comment:

Megan Tomlinson said...

When you get invited to the ranch, I want to go, too! :)